Welcome to the Department of Finance and Marketing
Useful documents to have on hand
- A Plan of Study for your concentration
- General University Requirement (GUR) checklist form
- Your Transfer Equivalency Report
Please take some time to complete the following checklist. Talk to your faculty advisor or the
Department Manager if you have questions.
- Review your transfer equivalency report. Did all your classes transfer over properly?
- Complete your GUR requirement checklist based off your transfer equivalency report. If you have a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) you will not need to take any GURs at WWU and do not need to complete this step.
- Read the Plan of Study and fill out all of your completed courses by following the directions on the form. You must read this document carefully and understand it fully!
- Determine if you can apply as a pre-major (you have not completed all Foundation Courses) or a full major (you have you taken all Foundation Courses). Both pre-major and full major students can register during the first phase of registration. Only full major students can register for concentration courses.
- Apply to be a CBE major.
- Look at the classes we offer on ClassFinder.
- Using ClassFinder, your transfer equivalency report, and your Plan of Study decide on the courses you want to take next fall, winter, and spring. Pay attention to prerequisites.
Common Questions & Concerns
Yes – You can either take the math placement test or take your math requirements here
Many students choose to complete minors. They can be helpful to either to gain a
specific skill set or to ensure you have the 180 total credits and 90 non-business credits
that are required when you graduate.
Yes – You can track your graduation progress on Degree Works in Web4U.
To apply as a pre-major you need a 2.50 all-college level GPA and a 2.50 WWU GPA. You must maintain a 2.50 GPA to become a full major.
You will be dropped from CBE if you have below a 2.50 GPA. We do give you a one quarter warning to bring up your GPA.