Inventing the Path of Least Resistance
Our students are the heart of Western's College of Business and Economics, especially in the Department of Finance and Marketing. We want to make sure you have all of the information you need to be successful. The finance and marketing disciplines are two of the fastest growing on campus. Our students matter and so do the subjects they study.
Corporate and Public Finance
A type of finance dealing with monetary decisions that business enterprises make and the tools and analysis used to make these decisions.
Banking was developed from a need for a safe place for people to keep their money. Banking has expanded over the years to meet increasing and diverse financial needs.
Insurance and Risk Management
The insurance field is much more than hiring agents to find customers and sell them insurance policies. Managers in this field are dealing with both personal and corporate risk in a variety of venues.
Investment bankers arrange and negotiate large financial transactions. They are employed by investment banking firms to act as advisers to client companies and to initiate money making ventures for their own firms.
Real estate brokers, both for commercial and personal real estate, employ real estate sales agents to help sell or rent property for the owners.
Personal Financial Planning
Financial planners help individuals and groups plan the use of their savings, income, and investments to build wealth.
- Operations Analyst, Chase Bank
- Financial Advisor, Pacific Capital
- Credit Analyst, Skagit State Bank
- Credit Manager, Wells Fargo
- Financial Advisor, Waddell and Reed
- Financial Consultant, AXA Advisors
- Commercial Credit Analyst, Bank of the Pacific
- Financial Advisor, First Investment
- Operations Manager, LTL Financial Services
- Junior Consultant, RIMES Technology
- Fraud Analyst, T-Mobile
- Bank Examiner, State of Washington
- Marketing Manager, Seattle Mariners
- Product Manager, Facebook