Monday 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm or by Appointment
Shuo Li is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at Western Washington University. He received his Ph.D. in accounting from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, his M.Sc. in accounting from Indiana University, and his B.S. in management information system from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Shuo's primary teaching interest is in financial accounting. He has taught Introduction to Financial Accounting (ACCT 240), Intermediate Accounting I (ACCT 341), and Financial Accounting Research & Communication (ACCT 443/MPAC 543). His research currently focuses on the monitoring role of media in the capital market. Shuo received the Dennis R. Murphy Faculty Research Award in 2018 and the Dean's Faculty Research Award in 2020. In his spare time, Shuo enjoys playing basketball, watching sports games, and listening to classic rock music.
- Does Firm Visibility Matter to Debtholders? Evidence from Credit Ratings. 2021. (with Yamin Hao). Forthcoming at Advances in Accounting.
- Governmental Customer Concentration and Audit Pricing. 2021. (with Hanmei Chen, Weishi Jia, and Zenghui Liu). Forthcoming at Managerial Auditing Journal.
- The Monitoring Role of Media: Evidence from Earnings Management. 2021. (with Yangyang Chen, C.S. Agnes Cheng, and Jingran Zhao). Forthcoming at Journal of Business Finance & Accounting.
- Cash Flow Opacity and Stock Price Crash Risk. 2020. (with C.S. Agnes Cheng and Eliza X. Zhang). Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 39 (3): 106717.
- Offshore Trading Activities and Audit Fees: A Textual Approach. 2020. (with Yun Ke, Jian J. Zhang, and Yanan Zhang). Managerial Auditing Journal 35 (4): 549-573.
- Managerial Political Spending Choice and Earnings Management. 2020. (with Yu Zhang). Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies.
- The Effect of Audit Quality on Stock Price Delay: Evidence from China. 2018. (with Jun Chen, Wang Dong, and Yu Zhang), Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics 25 (1-2): 253-275.
- Customer-Base Concentration and Audit Pricing. 2018. (with John Daniel Eshleman and Yun Ke). Journal of Accounting and Finance 18 (4): 56-79.