CBE is implementing application deadlines for all majors and minors excluding Economics and MSCM beginning winter quarter 2017.
- Winter 2017 - Oct. 14th, 2016, by 5 PM All applications* will be processed by Oct. 31, 2016.
- Spring 2017 - Jan. 27th, 2017, by 5 PM. All applications* will be processed by February 13, 2017.
- Fall 2017 - April 14th, 2017, by 5 PM. All applications* will be processed by May 01, 2017.
*Applications for full major status in OPS and MIS, and Data Analytics minor applications, will be sent to the Decision Sciences Department for review by the processing date listed. For questions about the review process please contact the department.
To Apply to CBE you must have
- Minimum of 45 credits
- Minimum of a 2.50 cumulative college-level GPA including all previous institutions.
- Minimum of 2.30 cumulative GPA in all courses taken within the College of Business and Economics (if you have completed any courses at Western).
- Students must have a WWU cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher to be considered in good academic standing with the University.
*The Economics and Supply Chain Management program have slightly different admission standards. For details visit their department webpages.
Select a Link Below to Declare Your Major and Apply to CBE:
Important Tip: You will need to provide current unofficial, electronic copies of all college transcripts if Western does not have the most recent versions.
- Business Administration
- General Business Administration
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Business & Sustainability
- Economics/Environmental Studies
- Economics/Political Science
- Economics/Social Studies
- Financial Economics
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Management
Declare a CBE Minor:
- CBE All other Minors Declaration Form
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics**
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management*
*Applications for the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management (MSCM) minor are not being accepted as of fall quarter 2016.
**Students interested in the Business Analytics Minor need to submit applications by the application deadlines listed above.
Double Major/Concentration/Degree Procedure:
- If you are already a CBE major or pre-major and are adding a second major, concentration or degree, do not fill out a new application.
- Complete the Double Major/Concentration Form .
- If you are not already a CBE major you must apply for one major/concentration/degree first and when that is in place you can add a second major/concentration/degree by the process described above.
Students will be able to apply for Spring Quarter admission to all other CBE Programs from Wednesday, January 4th through Friday, January 27th.
All applications submitted by the January 27th deadline will be processed by February 13, 2017.