International Business Minor
The international business minor is designed for students who want to add an international business dimension to a major in another functional area, either in the College of Business and Economics or in one of the other majors at Western Washington University.
We also offer an international business major.
More about the IB Minor
The student who completes this minor will have (a) a general introduction to the cultural, institutional and regulatory structures necessary to engage in international business, (b) two courses that add more focused international knowledge, and (c) a course on the management and strategic issues in doing business internationally. Students from outside the College of Business and Economics will also acquire a basic knowledge of the ‘language’ of business and economics, gaining ‘business literacy.'
Admission and Declaration Process
Students not already admitted to the College of Business and Economics must have a 2.50 GPA in all WWU courses as well as a 2.5 GPA in the following CBE business literacy courses: ECON 206, ACCT 240 and (ECON 207, MGMT 311 or MGMT 271).
Declaring of Minor
Students who meet the requirements can declare the minor via the online application form on the College of Business and Economics website. Applications will be reviewed against admission criteria with every effort being made to accommodate all students who meet admission requirements.
How to request an IBUS Minor Evaluation for Graduation
There is no need to first consult an international business faculty advisor before you submit this form for graduation.
After the department reviews and completes your Minor Evaluation, the form is placed in an envelope in the Major/Minor Evaluation pick-up box outside the department office. It should take two weeks or less. You will not receive notification that it is done, so you will need to check.
You then submit it, in conjunction with your approved major evaluation form and the required ‘Degree Application Form’ http://www.wwu.edu/registrar/bach_information/degree_application.shtml to the Registrar.
- ACCT 240 - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- ECON 206 - INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS
- One course from:
- ECON 207 - INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS
- MGMT 271 - LAW AND THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- MGMT 311 - INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
- Required International Business Courses:
- IBUS 370 - INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- IBUS 470 - INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Choose one additional International Business (IBUS) Elective Course:
- IBUS 372 - CROSS-CULTURAL MANAGEMENT
- IBUS 473 - INTERNATIONAL TRADE OPERATIONS
- IBUS 474 - TOPICS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- Choose a total of two courses from the following international courses:
- ACCT 451 - INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING
- FIN 442 - MULTINATIONAL CORPORATE FINANCE
- MGMT 481 - MANAGING CULTURAL DIVERSITY
- MKTG 486 - INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- OPS 461 - PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- OPS 466 - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- ECON 343 - POPULATION, ENVIRONMENT, AND WORLD AGRICULTURE
- ECON 360 - INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
- ECON 365 - THE CANADIAN ECONOMY
- ECON 385 - COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC SYSTEMS
- ECON 388 - ECONOMICS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
- ECON 389 - ECONOMIES OF THE PACIFIC RIM
- ECON 462 - INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- ECON 463 - INTERNATIONAL FINANCE
- INTL 305 - EDUCATION ABROAD
- INTL 306 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 1
- INTL 307 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 2
- INTL 308 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 3
- INTL 405 - EDUCATION ABROAD
- INTL 406 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 1
- INTL 407 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 2
- INTL 408 - EDUCATION ABROAD: DIRECT EXCHANGE 3
- ❑ Advisor Approved Course with International Content