Business Administration Minor
The business administration minor consists of eleven courses, 42 credits, that provide an introduction to finance, marketing, accounting, business law, management, statistics, and business algebra. These courses cover the functional areas of business and provide the student with a solid foundation of business knowledge. These courses teach the language and basic theories of business.
Business Administration Minor PLANNING SHEET-BA Minor - Copy.pdf.
CBE PRIORTY application deadlines for all majors and minors excluding MSCM and Economics. See Apply to CBE page for details.
Admission and Declaration Process
Students can declare the minor by completing the online Declaration of CBE Minor form via the College of Business and Economics' website.
How to Apply for a Minor Evaluation for Graduation
Students ready to graduate need to obtain a Business Administration Minor Evaluation from Sherri Nelson, Sherri.Nelson@wwu.edu, for course completion and grades. In the email request please confirm any courses incomplete and what quarter you will be taking those courses. You will then submit your major evaluation and graduation application to the Registrar's office in Old Main 230 or by email to Degreeeval@wwu.edu. You may complete this process at any time. (During the COVID-19 pandemic, all evaluations will be done remotely via Degree Works.)
- Algebra Applications Bus/Econ (MATH 156) QSR GUR Waivable with AP credit
- Business Statistics (DSCI 205) Waivable with AP credit
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 240)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 245)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (ECON 206) SSC GUR Waivable with AP credit
- Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECON 207) SSC GUR Waivable with AP credit
- Introduction to Business Computer Systems (MIS 220)
- Law and the Business Environment (MGMT 271) SSC GUR
- Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior (MGMT 311)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 341)
- Principles of Marketing (MKTG 380)
A grade of C- or better is required for a student’s major or minor courses, and supporting courses for majors and minors.
Business Administration Minor in the Admission's Catalogue.