Business & Sustainability Majors
The State of Washington is a leader in responding to the societal imperative regarding environmental issues. This Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Sustainability is an action component of the state's initiatives.
This degree combines three areas of study that give graduates the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to operate in a changing economic and social environment.
More about the Business & Sustainability Major
Graduates from this program will possess:
- A fundamental knowledge of economics, giving them the skills to apply economic analysis to problems in sustainable business faced by modern organizations.
- A fundamental knowledge of environmental science and policy, giving them the ability to understand the social and political climate as well as the scientific issues involved in sustainable business.
- An extensive knowledge of business and management in the context of business sustainability, giving them the basic skills needed to succeed in organizations.
We also offer a Business and Sustainability degree with an Energy Studies concentration.
Energy Studies Concentration:
The transition to a more sustainable energy system is a key to reconciling our economic and environmental aspirations. WWU graduates are finding growing opportunities in the emerging energy economy in Washington and beyond. Today’s diverse energy business demands knowledge of core business skills, understanding of energy policy and management, and broad exposure to the science, environmental, business and policy aspects of the energy system that drive energy-related businesses and their governing policies. The energy concentration in the Business and Sustainability major gives graduates a strong blend of analytic and communication skills, along with energy-related expertise that industry and government experts have identified as essential to workforce needs in the emerging energy economy.
By meeting with your faculty advisor and creating a plan of study this will allow you to finish your degree in a more timely manner. For help with planning your courses, please see your faculty advisor.
CBE is implementing application deadlines for all majors and minors excluding Economics beginning winter quarter 2017.
- WINTER 2018 Oct. 13, 2017 by 5 PM.
- SPRING 2018 Jan. 26, 2018 by 5 PM.
- SUMMER & FALL 2018 April 13, 2018 by 5 PM.
How to Declare
Admission to programs in the College of Business and Economics (CBE) is selective and based upon prior academic performance and other evidence of high promise. For admission to CBE as a Business and Sustainability Major with pre-major or full major status, students must have completed the following requirements:
- Confirmed admission to Western Washington University
- Achieved a 2.5 cumulative college GPA (including transfer work)
- Achieved a 2.3 cumulative CBE GPA
- Completion of the foundation courses is not required to declare this major
- Complete the online application form here
Business & Sustainability Major in the Admissions Catalogue
Business & Sustainability Energy Concentration Major in the Admissions Catalogue