Frequently Used Resources
There are many different ways internships and jobs enhance your student experience. From gaining critical experience of what an industry is actually like to building a portfolio of marketable experience these opportunities may be the difference in a highly competitive job market.
Internships that may offer academic credit are available in, and in some cases are required in, most CBE degree programs. For more information about how to connect internships or jobs to your education, contact the department office.
Internships are also available through the Center for Economic and Business Research.
Career Opportunities on Viking CareerLink
Professional Accounting Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Women Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- http://www.taxsites.com A great site for tax and accounting information!
- Beta Alpha Psi & Accounting Society
- Beta Alpha Psi resources page -- Links to public accounting firms, private industry, governmental agencies, accounting organizations, regulatory commissions and CPA review courses.
- Association for Information Systems
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Association of Internet Professionals
- Decision Sciences Institute
- The Association for Operations Managment(APICS)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences(INFORMS)
- International Association for Computer Information Systems
- Society for Information Management
Technology & News Sites
The links below give a sampling of information both about economics and for economists:
- Western Library
- WWU's Center for Economic and Business Research
- NetEc provides links to a wide range of resources in economics
- University of Quebec at Montreal's list of Economics Departments, Institutes, and Research Centers (EDIRC)
- Resources for Economists on the Internet, compiled by Bill Goffe, University of Southern Mississippi
- WebEc, compiled by Lauri Saarinen, University of Helsinki, Finland
- The University of California's Econometrics Laboratory
- Economics Working Paper Archive
- The University of California's GPO Gate provides access to U.S. Government documents.
- The Journal of Economic Education is available on-line.
- The Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. Additional information can be found at the Nobel Foundation.
- The Pacific Northwest Regional Economic Conference home page.
- Social Science Research Network
- STAT USA is a data source provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce, available to WWU students and faculty.
- The "About Economics" Page
- The Dismal Scientist Page
- The White House Economic Statistics Briefing Room
- The Economic Report of the President (written by the President's Council of Economic Advisers).
Finance and Marketing