Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
The APICS CPIM program has been organized into five modules, each focusing on key areas of study that are integral to an understanding and mastery of production and inventory management principles. Candidates must pass an exam for each of the modules to successfully complete the APICS CPIM program
APICS CPIM Instructions
Exam Modules - Take in the order listed
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
- Read through study notes book
- Study vocab in exam content manual
- Practice questions
- Booklet or Datachem
- Aim for 70%-75%
Take the Exam
Request an authorization to test (ATT)
Exams are $165 but if you pass, Western will reimburse you. Please see the DSCI department manager for your check after exam completion.
Benefits of CPIM
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management.
- Improve efficiency across the processes of your organization's supply chain.
- Streamline operations through accurate forecasting.
- Predict outcomes more accurately.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by delivering products and services Just- in-Time.
- Increase profitability by optimizing your organization's inventory investment.
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers, and customers.