As a politics/philosophy/economics combined major you have the freedom to complete additional elective credits, under departmental advisement.
- ❑ 12 credits in upper-division economics
- ❑ 9 credits in upper-division philosophy
- ❑ 12 credits in upper-division political science
- ❑ 4 credits of a 400 level political science course with political economy content, such as:
- PLSC 403 - The European Union and the Process of European Integration
- PLSC 406 - Canadian Government and Politics
- PLSC 420 - Environmental Politics
- PLSC 427 - Policy-Making and Policy Analysis
- PLSC 430 - Modern Chinese Politics
- PLSC 436 - Managing Environmental Commons
- PLSC 450 - Parties, Campaigns and Elections
- PLSC 453 - Comparative Electoral Systems
- PLSC 462 - The Rise of Modern Political Economy
- or by approval of the chair
Take one Communication focus – Economics (CF-E) or a Communication Focus (CF) course within the College of Business and Economics, and a minimum of three writing proficiency points in approved upper-division writing proficiency courses (WP-3 points) at WWU with a minimum grade of C-. The WP requirement can be met with courses from any of the combined major departments. These requirements can be completed as part of the above required and elective credits. Consult the Timetable of Classes for the specific course sections that fulfill the CF/CF-E and WP requirements.