Provided below is an outline of the courses required for the program. Students must complete all the foundation courses and be accepted to the concentration in order to take concentration and advanced core courses. Students can take core courses while they are completing their foundation courses. For help with planning your courses, please see your advisor or the department office. A printable plan of study can be found on the Current Students page.
For course descriptions and prerequisites visit the Operations Management Catalog Page.
These courses make up 30 credits of the concentration. They provide an entry level insight on basic accounting, economics, and statistics.
Several of your foundation courses also count as General University Requirements (GURs). Look for classes in the course lists below that are labeled as "GUR." For more information on GUR requirements please visit the GUR Catalog Page.
Other Foundation Courses
Management Info Systems
MIS 220 - Intro to Business Computer Systems
Note: Students have the option of testing out of MIS 220. Visit the MIS 220 Test Out Page for more information.
- ECON 206 - Introduction to Microeconomics - SSC GUR
- ECON 207 - Introduction to Macroeconomics - SSC GUR
MGMT 271 - Law and the Business Environment
These courses take the previously learned knowledge and advance it towards more complicated financial and management knowledge. These classes make up 28 credits of the concentration.
Other Core Courses
Math and Statistics
DSCI 305 - Applied Business Statistics
FIN 341 - Principles of Finance
- MGMT 311 - Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 382 - Business and its Environment
MKTG 380 - Principles of Marketing
Management Info Systems
MIS 320 - Principles of Management Information Systems
Concentration courses are restricted. They are only available to students that have been accepted as full majors. These courses make up 28 credits of the concentration.
Choose two courses from:
- OPS 462 - Management Science w/Spreadsheets
- OPS 463 - Enterprise Resource Management
- OPS 465 - Quality Management
- OPS 466 - Supply Chain Management
- OPS 467 - Logistics Modeling & Analysis
One course under advisement:
- Work with your faculty advisor to choose a 4 credit, upper division course
- If you choose to take MGMT 491 & MGMT 492 for your Advance Core (see requirement below), you may use MGMT 491 as your course under advisement.
Advanced Business Core (choose one option)
The advanced core consists of a capstone class in either Strategic Management (MGMT 495), or Small Business Entrepreneurship (MGMT 491) and Entrepreneurial Problems (MGMT 492). If you choose to take MGMT 491 & MGMT 492, then you may use MGMT 491 as your course under advisement.
- MGMT 491 - Small Business Entrepreneurship
- MGMT 492 - Entrepreneurial Problems
- MGMT 495 - Strategic Management