The faculty which make up the Department of Accounting have a wide range of specializations within the field. Visiting the accounting faculty will substantially add to your experience at Western.
Accounting Department Mission Statement
The Department of Accounting provides high-quality, balanced accounting education to majors as well as other undergraduate and MBA students. Quality teaching is our most important function. We engage students in the development of communication, conceptual and technical skills. To exemplify an enthusiasm for professional activity, faculty maintain their own intellectual curiosity and community awareness. Accordingly, faculty are active scholars and contribute positively to students' experience, and to the department, college, university, profession and community.
Our objectives support the combined mission of teaching, scholarship and service.
- Integrate a broad range of accounting skills with an appreciation of ethical, cultural and environmental issues as they relate to accounting and business law.
- Promote oral and written communication, computer, research and group skills.
- Prepare students to become productive accounting and business professionals.
- Review and modify the curriculum to meet changing societal needs.
- Produce, apply and disseminate knowledge in accountancy and business law as well as in the pedagogy of these disciplines. Faculty are encouraged to pursue scholarly projects that suit their professional talents and interests consistent with the mission of the College of Business and Economics.
- Serve the professional and broader communities.